This phase III trial is trying to determine the effectiveness of an immunotherapy drug (pembrolizumab), compared to the placebo, in combination with chemotherapy for the treatment of HER2 negative gastric (stomach) cancer.
This trial is treating patients with gastric (stomach) or gastro-oesophageal cancer.
This is a systemic therapy trial.
You may be able to join this trial if:
- Your cancer has spread to other parts of the body.
You may be excluded from this trial if:
- You have a certain disease or psychological condition.
- You have been diagnosed with a prior or secondary type of cancer.
- You have had certain treatments, surgical procedures or drugs.
- You have previously been treated (or are currently being treated) on a clinical trial.
Clinical trials have complex eligibility criteria - talk to your doctor about your interest in this trial.
Clinical Summary Read More
Use the hyperlinks, where available to access additional clinical trial information.
A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-blind Clinical Study of Pembrolizumab (MK-3475) Plus Chemotherapy Versus Placebo Plus Chemotherapy as First-line Treatment in Participants With HER2 Negative, Previously Untreated, Unresectable or Metastatic Gastric Orgastroesophageal Junction Adenocarcinoma
Eligible participants will be randomised to receive 200mg of pembrolizumab or placebo on Day 1 of each 21-day cycle for up to 35 cycles, in combination with physician's choice of chemotherapy - cisplatin + 5-flouracil OR oxaliplatin + capecitabine.
Recruiting Hospitals Read More