This phase III trial is comparing a type of targeted therapy with a novel hormonal therapy (NHT) in men who have previously received one NHT for their castration resistant prostate cancer that has spread to other parts of the body.
This trial is treating patients with castration resistant prostate cancer .
This is a systemic therapy trial.
You may be able to join this trial if:
- You are able to swallow medication by mouth.
- You have had a certain type of treatment or surgical procedure.
- Your cancer has spread to other parts of the body.
You may be excluded from this trial if:
- You have a certain disease or psychological condition.
- You have been diagnosed with a prior or secondary type of cancer.
- You have had certain treatments, surgical procedures or drugs.
Clinical trials have complex eligibility criteria - talk to your doctor about your interest in this trial.
Clinical Summary Read More
Use the hyperlinks, where available to access additional clinical trial information.
A Phase 3, Randomized, Open-Label, Controlled Study of Cabozantinib (XL184) in Combination With Atezolizumab vs Second Novel Hormonal Therapy (NHT) in Subjects With Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
Eligible patients will be randomised to receive treatment in an Experimental or Control Arm. Patients in the Experimental Arm of the trial will receive 40mg of oral cabozantinib once daily + an 1200mg infusion of atezolizumab every three weeks. Patients in the Control Arm of the trial will receive either 1000mg of oral abiraterone once daily + 5mg of oral prednisone twice daily; OR 160mg of oral enzalutamide once daily, as indicated by the investigator prior to randomisation.
Recruiting Hospitals Read More