This phase III trial is comparing the effectiveness between using a targeted therapy (Palbociclib) in conjunction with endocrine therapy and endocrine therapy alone to treat patients with HR+, HER2 negative breast cancer .
This trial is treating patients with Breast Cancer.
This is a systemic therapy.
You may be able to join this trial if:
- You are able to swallow medication by mouth.
- You have been diagnosed with cancer, but have not received any treatment.
- Your cancer has not spread to other parts of the body.
You may be excluded from this trial if:
- You have a certain disease or psychological condition.
- You have been diagnosed with a prior or secondary type of cancer.
- You have had certain treatments, surgical procedures or drugs.
- You have previously been treated (or are currently being treated) on a clinical trial.
Clinical trials have complex eligibility criteria - talk to your doctor about your interest in this trial.
Clinical Summary Read More
Use the hyperlinks, where available to access additional clinical trial information.
Neoadjuvant hormonal therapy plus Palbociclib in operable, hormone sensitive and HER2-negative primary breast cancer
Kyoto Breast Cancer Research Network
Eligible patients who are pre- or peri-menopausal will receive 16 weeks of endocrine therapy in the form of either leuprorelin alone every 28 days or goserelin every 28 days with daily doses of tamoxifen. Eligible patients who are post-menopausal will receive 16 weeks of daily doses of Letrozole. All patients will receive either single doses of Palbocicib or placebo taken daily for the first 21 days of a 28-day cycle.
Recruiting Hospitals Read More