This phase III trial is evaluating chemotherapy and immunotherapy as a first line treatment for non-small cell lung cancers that have spread to other parts of the body.
This trial is treating patients with Non-Small Cell (NSC) Lung Cancer.
This is a systemic therapy trial.
You may be able to join this trial if:
- You have been diagnosed with cancer, but have not received any treatment.
- Your cancer has spread to other parts of the body.
You may be excluded from this trial if:
- You have a certain disease or psychological condition.
- You have been diagnosed with a prior or secondary type of cancer.
- You have had certain treatments, surgical procedures or drugs.
- You have previously been treated (or are currently being treated) on a clinical trial.
Clinical trials have complex eligibility criteria - talk to your doctor about your interest in this trial.
Clinical Summary Read More
Use the hyperlinks, where available to access additional clinical trial information.
A Randomized, Double-Blind, Phase III Study of Platinum+ Pemetrexed Chemotherapy With or Without Pembrolizumab (MK-3475) in First Line Metastatic Non-squamous Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Subjects
This is an efficacy and safety study of pembrolizumab (MK-3475) combined with platinum-pemetrexed chemotherapy versus platinum-pemetrexed chemotherapy alone in participants with advanced or metastatic non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) who have not previously received systemic therapy for advanced disease. Participants will be randomly assigned to receive pembrolizumab combined with pemetrexed and platinum (Investigators choice of cisplatin or carboplatin), OR pemetrexed and platinum (Investigators choice of cisplatin or carboplatin).
The primary hypothesis is that pembrolizumab in combination with platinum-pemetrexed chemotherapy prolongs Progression Free Survival (PFS) compared to platinum-pemetrexed chemotherapy alone.
Not Recruiting Hospitals Read More