This phase II/III trial is trying to understand if adding a targeted therapy to standard immunotherapy/chemotherapy treatment will improve the effectiveness of the treatment for patients with advanced head and neck cancer.
This trial is treating patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck.
This is a systemic therapy trial.
You may be able to join this trial if:
- You have had treatment, but your cancer has come back.
- Your cancer has spread to other parts of the body.
You may be excluded from this trial if:
- You have a certain disease or psychological condition.
- You have been diagnosed with a prior or secondary type of cancer.
- You have had certain treatments, surgical procedures or drugs.
- You have previously been treated (or are currently being treated) on a clinical trial.
Clinical trials have complex eligibility criteria - talk to your doctor about your interest in this trial.
Clinical Summary Read More
Use the hyperlinks, where available to access additional clinical trial information.
A Randomized, Double-Blind, Adaptive, Phase II/III Study of GSK3359609 in Combination With Pembrolizumab and 5FU-Platinum Chemotherapy Versus Placebo in Combination With Pembrolizumab Plus 5FU-Platinum Chemotherapy for First-Line Treatment of Recurrent/Metastatic Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Eligible patients will be randomised to receive GSK3359609 or a placebo, given in combination with Pembrolizumab and 5-FU-platinum chemotherapy.
Recruiting Hospitals Read More