This phase III trial is trying to understand whether it is more or less effective to use hormone therapy alone or in combination with a targeted cancer drug for the treatment of advanced HR+/HER2- breast cancer that has gotten worse or come back on prior treatment.
This trial is treating patients with HR+/HER2- breast cancer.
This is a systemic therapy trial.
You may be able to join this trial if:
- You have had treatment but your cancer has gotten worse or has not responded to the treatment you have been given.
- You have had treatment, but your cancer has come back.
- Your cancer has spread to other parts of the body.
You may be excluded from this trial if:
- You have a certain disease or psychological condition.
- You have been diagnosed with a prior or secondary type of cancer.
- You have had certain treatments, surgical procedures or drugs.
Clinical trials have complex eligibility criteria - talk to your doctor about your interest in this trial.
Clinical Summary Read More
Use the hyperlinks, where available to access additional clinical trial information.
A Phase III Double-blind Randomised Study Assessing the Efficacy and Safety of Capivasertib + Fulvestrant Versus Placebo + Fulvestrant as Treatment for Locally Advanced (Inoperable) or Metastatic Hormone Receptor Positive, Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 Negative (HR+/HER2-) Breast Cancer Following Recurrence or Progression On or After Treatment With an Aromatase Inhibitor
Eligible patients will be randomised to receive 2 intramuscular injections of Fulvestrant in combination with 400 mg capivasertib (2 oral tablets) or a placebo-equivalent twice daily on intermittent weeks.
Recruiting Hospitals Read More