This phase II trial is evaluating the repeat administration of radiotherapy to a previously exposed region of the body, with the aim of treating people with Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma that is getting worse or has recently come back.
This trial is treating patients with Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma.
This is a radiation therapy.
You may be able to join this trial if:
- You have had treatment but your cancer has gotten worse or has not responded to the treatment you have been given.
- You have had treatment, but your cancer has come back.
- Your cancer has not spread to other parts of the body.
You may be excluded from this trial if:
- You have a certain disease or psychological condition.
- You have previously been treated (or are currently being treated) on a clinical trial.
Clinical trials have complex eligibility criteria - talk to your doctor about your interest in this trial.
Clinical Summary Read More
Use the hyperlinks, where available to access additional clinical trial information.
ReRAD: A Phase II Canadian Pediatric Brain Tumour Consortium Study of Re-Irradiation as Treatment of Progressive or Recurrent Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma
Other Non-Commercial Sponsor
University of Calgary
Study therapy will consist of radiation therapy (RT) given over 17 treatment days (for 30.6 Gy in fractions of 1.8 Gy) or 20 treatment days (for 36 Gy in 1.8 Gy fractions), depending on the time from completion of the first course of RT. Treatment days will generally be on weekdays.