This Phase III trial is evaluating an intravenous immunotherapy drug (Pembrolizumab) and three oral drugs (Epacadostat, Sunitinib and Pazopanib) for the treatment of locally advanced or metastatic renal cell carcinoma.
This trial is treating patients with renal cell carcinoma.
This is a systemic therapy trial.
You may be able to join this trial if:
- You have been diagnosed with cancer, but have not received any treatment.
- Your cancer has spread to other parts of the body.
You may be excluded from this trial if:
- You have a certain disease or psychological condition.
- You have been diagnosed with a prior or secondary type of cancer.
- You have had certain treatments, surgical procedures or drugs.
- You have previously been treated (or are currently being treated) on a clinical trial.
Clinical trials have complex eligibility criteria - talk to your doctor about your interest in this trial.
Clinical Summary Read More
Use the hyperlinks, where available to access additional clinical trial information.
A Randomized, Open-Label, Phase 3 Study to Evaluate Efficacy and Safety of Pembrolizumab (MK-3475) Plus Epacadostat vs Standard of Care (Sunitinib or Pazopanib) as First-Line Treatment for Locally Advanced or Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC)
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of pembrolizumab plus epacadostat compared to sunitinib or pazopanib in participants with locally advanced/metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) with clear cell component who have not received prior systemic therapy for their mRCC. Group 1 will receive Pembrolizumab intravenously every 3 weeks and Epacadostat orally twice a day. Group 2 will receive Sunitinib orally once a day and Pazopanib orally once a day.
Recruiting Hospitals Read More