This phase III trial is trying to evaluate the effect of using avelumab, instead of continuing first line chemotherapy, in the treatment of advanced stomach and gastro-oesophageal cancers.
This trial is treating patients with Stomach (Gastric) and Gastro-Oesophageal Junction Cancers.
This is a systemic therapy trial.
You may be able to join this trial if:
- You have been diagnosed with cancer, but have not received any treatment.
- Your cancer has spread to other parts of the body.
You may be excluded from this trial if:
- You have a certain disease or psychological condition.
- You have been diagnosed with a prior or secondary type of cancer.
- You have had certain treatments, surgical procedures or drugs.
Clinical trials have complex eligibility criteria - talk to your doctor about your interest in this trial.
Clinical Summary Read More
Use the hyperlinks, where available to access additional clinical trial information.
A Phase III Open-label, Multicenter Trial of Maintenance Therapy With Avelumab (MSB0010718C) Versus Continuation of First-line Chemotherapy in Subjects With Unresectable, Locally Advanced or Metastatic, Adenocarcinoma of the Stomach, or of the Gastro-esophageal Junction
The purpose of this study is to demonstrate superiority of treatment with avelumab versus continuation of first-line chemotherapy.
Recruiting Hospitals Read More